Soldier

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 pm

The old man and the old woman boarded the old boat. She was in good shape for her age, with a nice round bottom.
Because she was old and a little dinghy, she was no prize ketch...

-gailr

J_22_M
Junior Lexiterian

Postby J_22_M » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:49 pm

The old man and the old woman boarded the old boat. She was in good shape for her age, with a nice round bottom.
Because she was old and a little dinghy, she was no prize ketch...

-gailr
Haha, nice... well, not comeback... but, well, the word has left me, but I'm sure all understand my intention!

-j

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 am

What are yawl talking about?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 am

A dinghy has a flat bottom like the old man, as they all do.

mark

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:44 pm

A dinghy may have a flat bottom, but the old man's was never described. You seem to have slooped up there.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:13 pm

Bailey: when Gzer tosses out a straight line like that, how can you keep such an even keel?

At least I can count on Perry to harbor some puns, no holds barred. (And it's no fluke that neither of us has commented on the shape of the buoys. This is a family forum, after all.)

-gailr

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 am

That one seems to have sailed right past a lot of folks. I'd rudder not say how many horrible puns I could sea using.

-Tim

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:56 am

Uugh! Deja vù. :roll: (..as huny says, "somebody hold my earings and my Prada bag for me, I'm about to break a nail!")
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:02 am

Terri,

You got this one's number all right.
But, do not ever ever advertise your email address and/or your web site through Bulk Emails if you do not have Bullet Proof Web Hosting. Under normal hosting your web site shall be closed in no time ! No matter how long you have been with them, how much you are paying them, or how beautiful your site is?

If you want to send bulk emails you must have Bullet Proof Web Hosting...
On the other hand bpserver4u didn't get who we are at all. We are The Anti-Spam! Or in modern parlance, so not the customer base they seek.
Anonymous

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Huh? Thank a soldier? As far as I know, the United States hasn't invaded Brazil. Not yet.

Brazilian dude
neither has anyone else, be grateful.

mark
ah.... Portugal?
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

ah.... Portugal?
ah a bit before our time?

mark
or do we go back to the original invaders to all lands, remember no one is truly indigenous.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Uugh! Deja vù. :roll: (..as huny says, "somebody hold my earings and my Prada bag for me, I'm about to break a nail!")
Huny, sweetie, this was a truly irresponsible post. :wink: You do realize that somewhere out there a spambot has perked up its little digital ears, eyes, (or whatever they scan with) and is--even now--targeting the alphaAgora with ads for luxury leather goods, nail wraps, and teach-yourself-martial arts videos...

-gailr

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:57 pm

Huny, sweetie, this was a truly irresponsible post. :wink: You do realize that somewhere out there a spambot has perked up its little digital ears, eyes, (or whatever they scan with) and is--even now--targeting the alphaAgora with ads for luxury leather goods, nail wraps, and teach-yourself-martial arts videos...

-gailr
Wha? Somebody hold my earnings?
Say, wasn't this in a different thread? I'm lost.

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:00 pm

ah.... Portugal?
ah a bit before our time?

mark
or do we go back to the original invaders to all lands, remember no one is truly indigenous.
I'd say the second inhabitant is the first invader (not counting unsuccessful ones). Anyway, 'before our time' is relative; for some, Granada may be before their time.

/hairsplitting mode off/

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:53 pm

-gailr
Wha? Somebody hold my earnings?
Say, wasn't this in a different thread? I'm lost.
No, it was several posts up but got deleted. My little saying about the earings is girly talk for, "Somebody hold me back!" I think that was the ghetto commimg out in me from back in the day. :oops: But, thanks to gailr, I am under control now. :wink:
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Good Word Discussion”