RAVEN

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:23 pm

That would be embarrassing wouldn't it? There you'd be, not knowing what to do, breathe in or exhale and what does one breathe if they don't know?

mb

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 am

Rave on.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

carkopp

Raven

Postby carkopp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Okay!

"If I weren't a chimp, I'd be a raven idiot." (Bailey)

As my chemist half pointed out, we'd all be raven idiots if we breathed just oxygen... :lol:

*"For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!"

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Raven

Postby Bailey » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Okay!

"If I weren't a chimp, I'd be a raven idiot." (Bailey)

As my chemist half pointed out, we'd all be raven idiots if we breathed just oxygen... :lol:

*"For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!"
lol, speak for yourself, MacDuff!

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 am

As my chemist half pointed out, we'd all be raven idiots if we breathed just oxygen...
Did you originate on the other side of the pond?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

carkopp

Raven

Postby carkopp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:47 pm

HA! :lol: No! My "chemist" half is my husband of 41 years...enough time to have become a true half. Sometimes I even forget to speak for myself, but I tell him those are the times I'm a raven idiot.

Question: Would somebody PLEASE teach me how to use the highlighting, quoting, tiny little letters part of these delightful conversations?

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:20 pm

You can click on the quote button of someone else's post in order to quote the entire thing. If you just want to quote a small segment, do copy and past into your posting, then select the text and hit the quote button above (the 4th from the left).
Anonymous

carkopp

Thank you!

Postby carkopp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Thank you to those of you who helped me with the tags for Alpha Agora especially gailr & Perry. Your help will enable me to "post early, post often" -gailr. :wink:

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:55 pm

... If you just want to quote a small segment, do copy and past into your posting, then select the text and hit the quote button above (the 4th from the left).
I prefer to just quote the whole thing and excise the extraneous. This ensures we get to see who's being quoted (Perry also explains why some do not).

The text size thingies are most useful for those snide aside comments - highlight the text desired, hit one of the selections in Font Size and experiment with the font number. Same with bold, ital, underlining and colours (again you can also experiment here with colors not listed)

Sluggo gives his trade secrets away :?
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

carkopp

Tags & other good advice

Postby carkopp » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:26 am

Thank you, Sluggo, for some of what I still don't know, but I can't figure out how to lower the font size on my signature. I've gone into the Profile area where I put the comment, but I don't see a place where I can permanently put my signature on size small.

It took a magnifying glass to read your "snide" comment this time, :shock: but it was worth it. I love secrets! ooh! Maybe I'm getting the hang of some of this. Thank you...is Sluggo for baseball?

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Just type in the size tags yourself and Presto! Chango! your sig is a new size.

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: Tags & other good advice

Postby sluggo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:53 pm

It took a magnifying glass to read your "snide" comment this time, :shock: but it was worth it. I love secrets! ooh! Maybe I'm getting the hang of some of this. Thank you...is Sluggo for baseball?
Funny, it's the second time that theory has been floated here. Sluggo loves baseball but the ancient origin of the name is unfortunately more at "sluggish", based on his being strangely less than enthused at invitations to transplant trees upon arriving for what was supposed to be bucolic R&R in Vermont. Go figure.

Yeah, I like the simple subtlety- some of my posts can get a bit like Beatle albums with embedded 'clues' (I believe there are one or two droppings I've left that no one has ever found :wink: )

(sdrawkcab meht gniylap yrt t'nod ,on)

One additional tip though- don't limit yourself to the point sizes available in the drop-down list. You can (and should) change that number to get a more -well, subtle range than the site allows. The 'Preview' box is helpful with this. Both Gailr and I, to name two, find infinite shades of tone this way.
Last edited by sluggo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:57 pm

The same goes for bold and italic in your sig. Alas, the text length is limited in the signature, so some some good quotes won't fit.

I don't know if Sluggo is from baseball or the Nancy cartoon of ages past. Maybe one day we'll find out. As for me, there've been days when I don't know if I'm missing an a or two e's.

-----------

Well, that's what happens when someone posts while you compose. Sluggish it is. I had a roommate in college, last name Gordon, nickname Flash; Not a flash in the pan, not a space case, and definitely not the fleetest of foot. Definitely an ironic nickname.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:03 am

... As for me, there've been days when I don't know if I'm missing an a or two e's.
Nor do the rest of us, but I figure both must apply. Kind of like a switch-hitter :roll:

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 am

geezer, it's two e's silly [now you know], is letting us know he's a space cadet......

you can get in a longer sig line if you make your font smaller but it is so limited. And some 'lines are so small no one can read them anyway.

mark broccolic Bailey

kb

Return to “Good Word Discussion”