I'm back.

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

I'm back.

Postby Dr. Goodword » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:01 pm

First, let me thank Slava for posting the Good Word here and Andrew for getting them out in the first place. I went for what I thought was a consultation Friday, but was told by the senior surgeon that he had looked at my records and decided that they had to remove my gall bladder that day. All went relatively well. I miss my gall bladder so much that it is quite painful. But I'm back again. A few more days of reruns and I will be back in the saddle again.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: I'm back.

Postby Slava » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Welcome back to the fold. We've missed you. Silence may be golden, but it can be troubling, too. I hope your surgery was laparoscopic, as mine was. At least you have a good excuse not to go out and shovel, eh?

I look forward to getting a word a day again, even if you do have to make it a re- or three- peat. Vie was our last one, so we've been experiencing a bit of a drought. Water away!
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Laparascopes began to be used for gall bladder surgery in the late nineties. I remember a friend of mine asking how much experience he had using that method. His answer was, "Four...if you count the pig!" She did fine.
pl

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Never having had major surgery of any kind, knock on
wood, I am feeling for you, at least metaphorically and
glad your back. Get well quickly.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “Good Word Discussion”