zymurgy

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
ShadowCat
Junior Lexiterian

Ben Franklin

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:08 am

Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said

Beer is proof that God loves us

Apologies if I butchered the quote

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:06 pm

. . . larger heads tend to fall...

-gailr
Better to be at lager heads that at loggerheads . . .
Ha! very cute.

Don't know about the Franklin quote but in an Italian restaurant in downtown New Orléans a sign on the wall reads, "God created wine to keep the Italians from taking over the world"... :o

Somehow 'Restoration Ale' doesn't whet my appetite. TurboDog is a pretty good, if pedestrian, brewski.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:39 pm

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
--Benjamin Franklin
I have it on a T-shirt. He was quite a wise man.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:30 pm

I was watching/listening to Emeril Live the other night and heard him talking about a black cherry beer from Holland (I think). A viewer suggested it to him, so he ran with it. He drank half of the bottle and cooked with the other half. The beer came in a bottle that was like a wine bottle. Talk about a generous serving! I bet that was delectable. It even made me, who generally does not like beer, want to try some. Has anyone here had this beer before?
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:48 pm

Not from Holland. I had one that I believe was Iron Hill Black Cherry stout-from Pennsylvania somewhere. Wasn't the best beer I've had, wasn't the worst. It was better than average--but I'm not a big stout fan...

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 pm

I went to foodnetwork and found the beer. It's a Belgian Kriek beer called Lindeman's Cherry Lambic. I guess I got all that right. It looked confusing. Sounds good to me. 8)
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”