Independence

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Grogie
Senior Lexiterian

Independence

Postby Grogie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Since the Fourth of July is only a few days away I thought I would mention an interesting discovery I made at m-w.com. The word ''independence'', in addition to it,s usual meaning, also refers to a blackish or purplish shade of the color blue. Very interesting. Best wishes for a wonderful Independence Day to all the Americans on the forum.

Huny
Lexiterian

Re: Independence

Postby Huny » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:50 pm

Since the Fourth of July is only a few days away I thought I would mention an interesting discovery I made at m-w.com. The word ''independence'', in addition to it,s usual meaning, also refers to a blackish or purplish shade of the color blue. Very interesting. Best wishes for a wonderful Independence Day to all the Americans on the forum.
Your right, Grogie, that is very interesting. I, too, have never heard of this color of blue. Thanks for the info. And I wish you and all Americans a safe and fun 4th of July! And don't forget to fly the stars and stripes!! And remember, if you cannot support the war, lets support our troops! :D
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”