rebarbative

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

rebarbative

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:51 am

re·bar·ba·tive (r-bärb-tv)
adj.
Tending to irritate; repellent: "He became rebarbative, prickly, spiteful" Robert Craft.

[French rébarbatif, from Old French, from (se) rebarber, to confront : re-, re- + barbe, beard (from Latin barba; see bhardh-- in Indo-European roots).]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words AntonymsAdj. 1. rebarbative - serving or tending to repel; "he became rebarbative and prickly and spiteful"; "I find his obsequiousness repellent"
repellant, repellent
unpleasant - not pleasant; "an unpleasant personality"; "unpleasant repercussions"; "unpleasant odors"

mark tries-to-stay-friendly Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:09 am

I like it! Didn't know it before this.
Thought it may have something to do with either drugs or cutting your hair when I first saw it! :D

I know I'm rebarbative at times. Unless you talk to my wife. Then it's all the time. Ok, maybe just the last 20-25 years or so.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 am

sorry, I just noticed it was suggested before

mark oopsie Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 am

I still like it. Of course, with this evidence, someone will need to tell it to me again. And then, I'll be thrilled with it all over again. Oh, the joys of advancing alzhiemer's...

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”