Pratal

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Grogie
Senior Lexiterian

Pratal

Postby Grogie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:15 am

Referring to, or existing on, a meadow or prairie. ''The pratal flora and fauna of the central USA and Canada''.

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: Pratal

Postby sluggo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Referring to, or existing on, a meadow or prairie. ''The pratal flora and fauna of the central USA and Canada''.
So when a cemetary is built on a former meadow, does it go from the pratal to the grave?

This word would not seem to appear in AA's dictionary on the left btw...
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:07 pm

I think it's more likely that a $uperW@lm@rt parking lot will be built on that former meadow. Where have all the flowers gone?
-gailr

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:58 am

people should quit having kids. Then we could quit building houses, quit building shopping centers, quit expecting food to tolerate long distance travel and the rest of us could eat real food, not engineered stuff, enjoy flowers and not have huge tracts of McMansions.

mark enough-already Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:37 pm

people should quit having kids. Then we could quit building houses, quit building shopping centers, quit expecting food to tolerate long distance travel and the rest of us could eat real food, not engineered stuff, enjoy flowers and not have huge tracts of McMansions.

How very Malthusian. I don't see why people shouldn't keep having kids (if they like). There's nothing predestined about WallyMart or crappy food. People can simply choose to shop from local producers and reject plastic pseudofood in favor of real food. They just don't appear to want to. However, my youngest son detests anything processed and makes all his own meals from scratch. As does his Dad, for the most part. And if anyone ever sees me set foot in a WallyMart, they can just shoot me.

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:54 pm

Good luck getting locally grown vegies, if you are in Florida or California, maybe, but the rest of us get stuff from Nicaragua or some equally foreign state, Idaho potatoes, for instance are shipped anywhere BUT Idaho.

mark grows-own-vegies-in-summer Bailey

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:07 pm

I promise to quit right away. My three are more than enough for me.

The two in uniform are now, from left to right, red belt decided and brown belt decided.
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:22 pm

OHNO no retroactive birthcontrol, I meant that people are the reason for the expanding shopping extravaganzas.

mark the-child Bailey

kb

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am

OHNO no retroactive birthcontrol, I meant that people are the reason for the expanding shopping extravaganzas.

mark the-child Bailey
PW hasn't chimed in for a bit. Let's blame it on advertising, so that he will have to react in some way or other. 8)
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:33 pm

Oh give me a home, where the pratalian bovine-esque quadrapeds roam...

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:42 pm

...and the Ococoileus virginianus and hemionus do play!

Where seldom is heard, an indefinable word.
And the skies are free of cumulonimbus all day.
Anonymous

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:49 pm

Abode, Abode on the expanse, where the Capreolus and bovid gambol.

mark havin-fun Bailey

kb

Palewriter
Lexiterian

Postby Palewriter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 pm

mark the-child Bailey
PW hasn't chimed in for a bit. Let's blame it on advertising, so that he will have to react in some way or other. 8)
Oh...I didn't know you wanted my ADVERTISING persona. OK. Everyone needs to have 2.4 children. Right now. I see perry is about 0.6 over the limit.

The best thing about processed food is that it's all homogeneous, tastes the same everywhere, and can be produced on a scale that allows producers to implement efficiencies and PASS THE SAVINGS ON TO THE CONSUMER.

Who wants to pay 10 cents for a delicious, locally grown carrot when WallyMart will sell you a whole sack, grown in Tibet and lovingly transported by sea (you can almost taste the sea salt!) to your table for a mere nickel? Better still, buy an entire can of carrots, grown and preserved in 1972. We don't even charge you for the potential collectible value.

Bring on the E320!

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 pm

Are they gambolling on Indian Nation lands, or in Nevada?
Anonymous

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”