pad

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Eileen Opiolka
Lexiterian

pad

Postby Eileen Opiolka » Tue May 27, 2014 12:01 pm

I haven't laughed so much for a while. Yesterday, passing through airport security, the security officer stared me in the face and asked whether I had an eye pad. I assured her I hadn't, but offered to take off my specs. As I did so, the penny dropped. Ah, us oldies who still travel with real books and sit at PCs with proper keyboards!
But home again and padding around my pad, the word came back to me.
Do others exist without iPads?

Eileen Opiolka

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: pad

Postby Slava » Tue May 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Aye, that's a good one. Airport security does have its moments.

Now that I've glimpsed at pad's etymology, I'm wondering why no one at Apple has thought of naming one of their iPads the Tao. One of pad's roots is "path".

As to living without an iPad, I don't even have television or a cell phone, so I'm not quite up to date in that regard.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Wed May 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Being retired, I can live most of the day with an ipad in my recliner. Most likely to use the computer for longer writing.
pl

call_copse
Senior Lexiterian

Postby call_copse » Thu May 29, 2014 6:24 am

I am not in thrall to any kind of tablet, though my son has an Android one to play with I might occasionally borrow. While my eyesight is still OK my phone serves adequately for any mobile / round the house / office browsing or look ups.
Iain

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”