Good Words Five Days a Week

Use this forum to discuss past Good Words.
DerekB
Junior Lexiterian

Re: Good Words Five Days a Week

Postby DerekB » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:13 am

I go along with much of what has already been said. I voted No because I cannot have too much of this sort of stimulation.
I will confess that I do not at the moment even read the posts daily but I save them up so that I can have a little feast from time to time.
Nothing wrong with a repeat now and again- I certainly fail to recall every word in detail and am very happy to be reminded of those that have slipped the net.

jaa67
Junior Lexiterian

Postby jaa67 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 am

Greetings -- I apologize for not voting; I intended my non-vote to indicate, as many of the prior posts have stated, that I want you to do what is in your best interest. I did not mean to keep the current status unless that is best for you! I enjoy and appreciate your column, and I don't want to wear you out. Thanks for all you share.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 am

Wecome to Agora jaa67
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Goodword » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 pm

4400 visitors have now seen my offer to reduce the Good Word mailings to 5 days a week, but only 15 have voted. The vote is tied 6-6-3 yes-no-maybe, so I'm taking the 4385 abstentions as "Leave it the way it is" and will continue to do just that.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:30 pm

I like 4400 people visiting the site. Excellent. Wish more would take time to respond, suggest new words, comment on words. I thoroughly enjoy the melee. Do you suppose many folks think they need some sort of academic qualifications to pitch in? I'd like to tell them we learn from each other how we use words, so even if you dropped out of high school, dive in!
pl

David Myer
Grand Panjandrum

Postby David Myer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:04 am

I think I did the poll but failed to recognise the motivation for the question - I have only just now stumbled upon this discussion. So whatever I said in the poll needs to be ignored. The first and most important thing is for the Good Doctor to continue enjoying what he does. As soon as it becomes a chore, it is time for a review. I am very grateful for what I get - five days or seven. Take a break at weekends is my advice.

Well done and many thanks for the whole shebang.

David

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Thank you for all your well-wishes and good thoughts. All appreciation is appreciated. I'll admit I was, after 15 years, waning, but your thoughts have reinvigorated me.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Only 15 years? Does that count yDc and, going back further, A Web of Online Dictionaries, too? Maybe people don't realize you've been a retired professor for a number of years. To quote The Grateful Dead, "What a long, strange trip it's been!" Glad to have been an early part of it, Doc.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Good Word Discussion”