RSS Feed for Alpha Agora

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

RSS Feed for Alpha Agora

Postby Dr. Goodword » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:45 pm

Alpha Dictionary now has an RSS feed for both the Agora and the Good Words. You may have a link or an active feed on your webpage or calendars like Apple iCal or Mozilla Sunbird. If you have a blog, it would be an interesting feature to add.

We are preparing to launch a blog. Anyone interested in helping, let us know. We can't offer fortune but we can offer a little fame.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

KatyBr
Wordmaster

Postby KatyBr » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:25 pm

I volunteer Tim, he was the one who set up the interim Agora when we didn't have either 'up'.

Katy

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:25 am

Well, I was tempted to reply earlier, but two things kept me from doing so. Right now I have the flu, so I'm really not in a mood to do anything at all. Also, I work two jobs, so I'm not sure how much time this endeavor might require, but I don't have a whole lot to give.

What exactly would the blog page do?

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:50 pm

Yes, what's the difference between a blog and the Alpha Agora?

The only blog I read extensively was only for a short time. My daughter's friend kept one, and that friend's ex-boyfriend posted what amounted to a suicide note on it after attending the wedding of other friends; a sad time all around--he was a good kid as I remember--but he did it that night after coming home from the wedding. The wedding couple did go on their honeymoon, but their anniversary will always be marred by this tragedy. I read the blog to try to get some sense of what happened jand how it could have happened, and had my wife have the minister read it to help counsel the family.

To me a blog seems like a discussion group like the Alpha Agora, with the difference being a blog has a single owner or prime author who makes diary-like entries and allows others to post and discuss those entries. The Alpha Agora (as well as the original, too) seems like a multi-author blog.

So, are you looking for a volunteer moderator (or several), or someone to help implement the software on a remote basis?
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Blob moderator

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:28 pm

We would like a volunteer moderator who could bring in other contributors. The crucial point is that the blog stay focused on language, especially any linguistic issue that comes up in the news.

If anyone is interested, send me an email through the contact page or to rbeard or wendym at lexiteria dot com (in the usual e-mail format--I don't want the spam spiders to pick up the addresses).
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Return to “Site News”