alphaDictionary's Page Rank is 7/10.

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

alphaDictionary's Page Rank is 7/10.

Postby Dr. Goodword » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 pm

For reasons we were never made aware of, about a year ago Google reduced its page ranking of alphaDictionary.com's top page from a 7 to a 4. Today it was restored to its former glory. We still don't have enough links to our site to raise us to an 8, which is the ranking we think we deserve on the basis of content.

Page ranking is an important indication of the value of our work on the site but also for the value of ads placed on the site.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

I gather that Google does a lot of readjusting in its rankings, with no explanation. An explanation would provide the tools to beat the odds and scam the algorithm, so I guess they are right to do this. Then again, as it's all a scam in the first place, does it really matter to us the users?

However, when all is said and done, I'm glad to see that our alphaDictionary is fairing fairly well. I don't have a site myself, so I can't provide a link, but perhaps others out there do, and will bump us all a bit?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Site News”