Internet Style Guide

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Internet Style Guide

Postby Slava » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 pm

In an attempt to codify many of the neologisms, coinings, and other random events on the Internet, the site Buzzfeed and written a style guide. Here's an article about it, with a link to the actual thing inside it. I wonder if it will work.

Something that would help me would be standardizing the syntax for search engines. Some use quotation marks, others don't. Some require a + sign, others go with a comma. All return too many links that happen to have just one of the words in your term, or words that aren't paired.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Internet Style Guide

Postby Perry Lassiter » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Using Google with quotes around the words you want will cut out a lot of that, but not all of it.
pl

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:09 am

After reading the article and the BuzzFeed article, it occurs to me that this could be an exciting time for those that study the development of language. Today's technology is developing so fast, and words must be coined along with that development, a current study could be a lot like fruit flies for evolution. By that I mean the fruit flies reproduce so rapidly and generations come so quickly that one can study what happens with mutations instead of waiting years. A similar explosion is happening in technology, where new things pop up all the time. A similar, if lesser, thing happened in the development of CB slang.
pl

David McWethy
Lexiterian

Postby David McWethy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Thass a big 10-4, good buddy! Catcha' ontha' back side! KKR2209 is clear an' 10-7!
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things...."

Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry Lassiter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:30 pm

10-4
pl

Return to “Res Diversae”