Different sort of potential communication medium

A discussion of the peculiarities of languages and the differences between them.
dsteve54
Junior Lexiterian

Different sort of potential communication medium

Postby dsteve54 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Kinetic sculpture. I just thought it would be of general interest as a different medium.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=2
Known in restaurant circles by quasi-Thai moniker, "That Guy" (e.g. heard in the back.."that guy is here again"; "that guy on/at table 10"; "that guy is going for a sirloin again", etc.)

Half the distance in half the states...from half2run.com

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Don't know how I missed this one when it came out, but I've seen it now.

I loved the cool sand walkers. I'm rather less pleased that it turns out to be an ad for BMW.

I'm wondering, too, just what this is meant to "communicate." What does it mean?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Hey, someone has to pay for art!

I just wished he could have made a wind-powered walker that sifted the sand to remove the trash left by beachgoers, but then, that's just the practical side of me taking pot-shots at the artistic side.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Audiendus
Wordmaster

Kinetic sculpture

Postby Audiendus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 am

Somebody ought to coin a specific word for these contraptions. "Kinetic sculpture" and "sand walker" aren't quite descriptive enough. Any suggestions?

Return to “Languages of the World”