Coenaculous

Use this forum to suggest Good Words for Professor Beard.
Grogie
Senior Lexiterian

Coenaculous

Postby Grogie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:05 am

Fond of eating out, especially at supper time. ''Many people, after a hard day,s work, are tired and feel coenaculous and go out to eat supper rather than eat at home.''

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Question: do we pronounce this "see" or "key?" Or "se" v. "ke?"

Also, I know there's a word out there that means "one who conveniently shows up at dinner time." What is it? With 880 of you out there, someone should be able to come up with it. I've lost it.

Help!
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

carkopp

Postby carkopp » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Glutton?

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Glutton?
Good idea, but one can be a glutton at all times and places. I know I saw a word somewhere that explicitly describes someone who regularly shows up, uninvited, at dinner time. Keep looking, and keep posting.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 pm

By the by, if you are feeling coenaculous, it might be nice if you can make your belly-rack a blind-man's dinner.

However, be careful not to exercise your bibitory muscle too much, lest you get bleezed.

carkopp

Postby carkopp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:23 pm

This is one of the reasons I rarely post...I understand every tenth word you (generic) say. The rest of the time is looking up words. Thanks for the laugh! ;>

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Sorry for getting carried away there, but it seemed in keeping with the original word. You don't seem to put out, though, so I'll probably do it again some time. Especially if Grogie feeds us another good one to play with.

Did you find the definitions, or should I post a translation?

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Question: do we pronounce this "see" or "key?" Or "se" v. "ke?"

Also, I know there's a word out there that means "one who conveniently shows up at dinner time." What is it? With 880 of you out there, someone should be able to come up with it. I've lost it.

Help!
It isn't the fact that there are 800 of us out here.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “Good Word Suggestions”